Now you can recover from an accident, injury, or medical procedure faster and with less stress. That’s because Schuyler Hospital offers the type of rehabilitation you might require within a short drive from home. The staff and the atmosphere will make you feel like you’re among friends and neighbors.
The level of skill at the Rehabilitation Center is second to none. You can put your confidence in our fully trained and licensed rehabilitation professionals. Each is a specialist, with proven competencies in his or her field. In addition to state licensure-each therapist completes yearly continuing education to further their knowledge. Some specialty areas include orthopedics, lymphedema, osteoporosis, women's health, sports medicine, vestibular, ergonomics, wound care and McKenzie spinal rehabilitation.
What sets the Rehabilitation Center apart, beyond the expertise and quality of our services, is how we deliver them. It’s very much a one-on-one relationship. We strive to understand your challenges and work with you to set and reach common goals. Your therapist will create a program custom-tailored to your needs to help you recover as quickly as possible. Our department believes in caring for the “whole patient”, too. We work closely with doctors and other healthcare professionals as an interdisciplinary team that provides an unsurpassed continuity of care.
At Schuyler Hospital, our highly-skilled sports medicine professionals possess the broadest range of expertise from concussion management, to trauma, to overuse injuries.
Whether you are a school athlete, enjoy an active lifestyle, or are a weekend warrior – we can help you get the best possible outcome and a quick recovery from your injury. Our sports medicine team also works with you to focus on injury prevention, conditioning and training.
Be the safest and best athlete you can be! Call Schuyler Hospital today to find out how our specialists can help you rehabilitate your injury or improve your overall sports performance.
Convenient Hours for your busy schedule:
Monday-Friday 7:00am - 5:30pm
Our skilled sports medicine team includes:
Michele Myers, PT, OCS
Board- certified Orthopedic Clinical Specialist
Carrie Schloerb, PT, DPT, CSCS Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist
Occupational therapy is the evaluation and treatment of fine motor disorders. The goal is to bring the patient back to a level of ability that will allow performance of everyday tasks to the fullest extent possible.
Related services include:
- Hand therapy-pre and post surgical care
- Splinting, graded exercise, pain management, and/or retraining for dexterity to return function to individuals with hand injuries
- Neurologic rehabilitation following a neurological event (stroke, head injury, disease process, etc.)
- Home evaluations for assessment of activities of daily living and safety
- Therapy for improvement of fine motor skills and visual-perceptual skills
Physical therapy is the evaluation and treatment of gross motor impairments. These can arise from traumatic soft tissue injury, sprain, strain, stroke, acute and chronic pain, open wounds, neurological disease, and fractures. Sports medicine rehabilitation includes scar management, isokinetic exercise, plyometrics, conditioning, and counseling/ education for return to sport. We also teach patients how to decrease their risk of injury.
Related services include:
- Sports injury management and prevention
- Lympedema evaluation and treatment
- Pre and Post surgical care
- Osteoporosis program<
- Total joint rehabilitation
- Spinal cord injury treatment
- Neuro Rehabilitation (MS, ALS, and stroke), TBI, etc.
- Ergonomics and assistance with return to work
- Women's Health (incontinence, pelvic pain, pelvic organ prolapse)
- Pediatric evaluation and treatment (scoliosis, torticolis, congenital disorders etc.)
- Wound Care
- Evaluation and Treatment of balance and gait disorders
Community-based services include:
- Cargill (ergonomic assessments, work hardening, injury prevention)
- School-based physical therapy at Watkins Glen High School
- Athletic training services for Watkins Glen High School athletes. To find out more, click here.
Speech therapy is the evaluation and treatment of defects of swallowing, speech, and spoken and written communications, typically due to a brain lesion. We treat language disorders as well as attention, memory, and problem solving difficulties. In some cases, we train patients to use non-verbal communication devices.
Click here to download Schuyler Hospital's Rehabilitation Services brochure.
Forms to download and fill out to bring with you on your first visit: